Tuesday, September 27, 2011

A Little Change

Hi everyone, so we met with Dr.Chan today who will do my surgery...really like him. Things all went well with my cath and no blockages. Later in the day he and some other doctors reviewed my chest MRI and found that my actual aorta is enlarged. A 5 is usually when it is replaced and I am a 3.9. What they were trying to decide was how that was relative to my size...is a 3.9 in me equal to a 5 in another person. Issue is anything above normal is considered an aneurism and has potential for danger. So question was replace now or wait. We have decided to replace now with the bicuspid valve. It adds a level to the surgery and time, so now looking at 4-5 hours. So not at all what thought I would be facing, but you have no idea how I appreciate the texts, calls and emails. They mean so much. Hard day, but nothing more to do but go for it. Love you all....

No comments:

Post a Comment